Treat yourself to VIP seating for the most famous and coveted sunset in the world: the Oia, Santorini caldera. Even better: tie "the knot" there, forever! Santorini Captain's Mansion is a rare original, built c. 1840 and is located at the NW end of Oia, giving you THE BEST vantage point for a sweeping 270 degree view of the island and the caldera below. It constitutes a prominent example of neoclassical captain-house of Oia - Santorini and is a registred landmark on the Greek Registry of Monuments of the Ministry of Aegean and the Ministry of Culture.
Santorini Captain's Mansion, with a total coverage of all levels of about 410 m2, is an unusually big house for Oia standards. It consists of 5 levels, the ground floor, the first floor, the terrace, the jacuzzi level & the basement.
A. GROUND FLOOR (about 165 m2)
The ground plan is formed according to the neoclassical patterns of the era that the Mansion has been built.
- the spacious and pebble - paved yard at the western side offers the most beautiful sunsets while looking at the Caldera and the open sea, with its large wooden dining table (seats 8)
- the spacious living room with a 3D - internet 46inch TV - cable TV
- the dining room which seats 8 - 10 people
- the captain's office
- the kitchen with all the modern amenities & the traditional wooden stairs that lead to the terrace.
- a sky lighted patio with a built in peripheral sofa & table (seats 6-8 people)
- the Master bedroom with the veranda, a king sized built-in bed, an en suite walking closet & bathroom.
- the bedroom with an en suite bathroom next to the patio, offers a choice of two single beds or a king sized bed
B. FIRST FLOOR (about 41 m2)
On the first floor incorporates two chambers:
- the Aegean bedroom with a built in double bed, a vaulted ceiling & a private terrace with spectacular views
- a second bedroom with a choice of two single beds or a king sized bed
- the area of hygiene with the window on the ceiling
- the staircase that leads to the terrace
C. THE TERRACE (about 110 m2)
- The occupants can feel very privileged that to be the only ones to enjoy the truly stunning & famous Oia sunset - that stands among Greece's most recognisable icons - from the best point of the island while relaxing on the comfortable couches.
D. JACUZZI LEVEL (about 22 m2)
- Is there anything better than dipping in the jacuzzi and viewing the sun going down on this unique scenery? We will let you decide.
E. BASEMENT (about 30 m2)
- An extra bed & bathroom can be used in the basement if one decides to bring along some extra staff